Monday marks the start of Plastic Free July, an annual event which is growing in popularity due to people’s concerns about single-use plastic and the impact on the environment.
How to Promote your BYO Container Campaign:
• Offer discounts for people bringing their own containers during July
• Inform and build awareness of your BYO container campaign through in-store Plastic-Free July signage. Check out their Plastic Free Toolbox where you’ll find downloadable posters and logos.
• Get active on your social media platforms and remind your customers about Plastic-Free July. Engage with them by sharing Plastic-Free images and remember to @PlasticFreeJuly (on twitter and facebook) and their #ChooseToRefuse and #PlasticFreeJuly hashtags in all posts, plus the #WarOnPlastic hashtag of the new BBC series
• Run some themed Plastic-Free competitions e.g. a prize for the most unusual container bought for refill during July for example.
Not participating yet? Don’t worry it’s really easy to implement! Simply…
• Weigh the customer’s empty container, fill, reweigh and pay for the difference
• OR easier still, take a flat 5p or 10p off the total filled weight (some stores are donating this to charity)
Contact Field Fare to find out more about their fantastic high quality ‘scoop your own’ produce.