After a gap of two years the Annual Awards are back, with a simpler application process and enhanced benefits for finalists.
FARMA - The Farm Retail Association (FRA) has proudly showcased the best farm retailers across the UK through the annual awards for many years. These awards provide an opportunity for farm shops, farmers’ markets, PYO farms and trade suppliers to stand out against their competitors. They are the only Awards that are judged by fellow Farm Retailers.
All members of FRA are welcome to enter the awards. The process is simple and entry forms should take no more than a couple of hours to complete. Don’t delay enter today!
As an FRA member, you will incur no charge to enter, simply download the Word file entry form, fill it in and return it via email or post with the supporting information (eg photos, copy of your menu etc.) by Friday 13th July 2018!
Farm Café/Restaurant of the Year
Farmers' Market of the Year
Pick Your Own of the Year
Trade Supplier – Associate Member of the Year
Small Farm Shop of the Year (Under £1m turnover)
Large Farm Shop of the Year (£1m + turnover)
The FARMA/FRA awards are FREE to enter and are one of the most respected awards in the industry, providing a great opportunity to recognise your team and promote your excellence to you customers.
Being a finalist in itself has many benefits...
Finalists will get a free mystery shopper visit as part of the judging and a free copy of the report.
Finalists will be included in the marketing in the run up to the awards including press releases, social media and FRA’s own communications.
Finalists will be provided with a pack of resources (finalist logo, press release template, artwork for banner signs, social media banners etc) to help promote your status as a finalist.
Finalists will be featured as part of the Awards Dinner at the Annual Conference.
If you win an award you can expect even more publicity and good will.
The general awards timetable is outlined below and all award entries must be received by 13 July. See the Guidance Notes below for the specific timetable for each award.
13 July – Awards Entry Deadline
July - Sep – Shortlisting of finalists based on entry forms and desk research
October – Finalists announced
October - Jan - Mystery Shopper & judging visits (depending on category)
Feb 2019 – Winner announced at the Awards Dinner
The judging process has been divided into two stages:
Stage one: Each business is asked to complete an application form for each award you wish to enter which will provide the judging panel with a feeling for the passion behind the business and the key numbers that underpin it. Based on the entry forms and desk research (reviewing your website, social media, review sites etc), a shortlist of finalists will be chosen – Finalists will be announced in October, an opportunity for you to promote your position as a finalist.
Stage Two: Additional data will be collected including mystery shopper visits passed to the relevant judge. The judge will use their skills and knowledge to investigate the business. This could include a site visit, phone interviews and a review of social media. The judge will score the business against the identified performance criteria.
See individual Award Guidelines for judging timelines.
All finalists will receive a mystery shopper visit as part of the judging, with a comprehensive report. These reports will be made available to finalists free of charge following the announcement of winners.
The winners will be announced at the fabulous Awards Dinner, Tuesday 26th Feb 2019.
1. Download the entry form Word file for the award(s) you wish to enter (see below)
2. Complete the entry form
3. Gather any supporting information you wish to include with your entry; 3 or 4 photos, copy of your menu. The judges will check your website, social media and review sites, so if these have great photos which tell your story, then you don’t need to send additional photos. If there are particular pages or video’s you’d like the judges to see, please include the links in your entry. Please limit supporting documents to max 6 pieces, 2 sides of A4 each ie 12 sides.
4. Entries may be submitted by email or post.
Email: Please ensure each file is no bigger than 2 meg and your email is no more than 10 meg in total. Email your completed entry form and supporting document to email@example.com
Post: Send your completed entry form and supporting documents to: FRA, 105 The Mount, York YO24 1GY
5. Closing Date for entries is 13 July 2018
Q. Do I have to be a FRA member to apply for these awards?
A. Yes, these awards are designed to champion real farm retailers and therefore must be a member of FARMA/FRA. The awards are free to take part in so the membership fee of £175 for the first year is amazing value for money for anyone looking to get involved in the awards.
Q. In the past we have had to enter a video, do we still have to?
A. No. you do not need to supply a video to enter the awards.
Q. Will the judges come and visit my business?
A. All finalists will get a mystery shopper visit (Best Trade Supplier award will be mystery shopped by telephone). A free copy of this valuable report will be available at the end of the process. The independent judge will use their skills and knowledge to investigate the business. In most categories this will include a site visit.
• To apply for the awards you must be a fully paid up member of FRA for the duration of the awards process.
• FRA reserves the right to use your submission in the promotion of the FRA Awards and/or FRA as an organisation.
• You must allow the judges access to your shop and back room areas for the purpose of judging the awards.
• No offer of products and or services can be made to the judges during the judging period.
• No canvassing of the judges or the FRA council before, during or after the awards.
• You will offer your time to FRA to support the promotion of FRA Awards.
• You will treat the judges, FRA Directors and other contestants with respect throughout the awards process.
• You will accept the decision of the judges.
• If you win one of the awards you will not re-enter that award for a period of 1 year.
Farm Café/Restaurant of the Year entry Form - Word File
Farmers' Market of the Year Entry Form - Word File
Pick Your Own of the Year Entry Form - Word File
If you have any queries about the awards or the entry process please contact David Leon at the FARMA/FRA office. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0345 319 6740.